Tuesday, April 9, 2013

H is for Hero, Husband, and Home




For the past 27 years, my husband, Bob, has been my heart and my hero. He spends more months away from us each year than home. He works and sacrifices his life and time, so that his children and I can live a comfortable life.

Our children are all grown now, but he still works at the same job as a boat captain.

He is my hero because he has unselfishly given of himself for his country and his family. He never complains. His love for us is immeasurable. One year our two sons almost drowned. If it hadn't been for his quick reaction, strong swimming skills, and life-saving training, they would not be here with us right now. The lifeguard stood on the beach (a young man) and did nothing, while my husband took all the actions that the lifeguard should have taken. Bob is our hero.

He is the head of our home, and a loving, kind, generous father.

I'm the most blessed and luckiest woman in the world to have married this wonderful man, and I look forward to an eternity more.

So, yes, 'H' is for my hero of a husband who is rarely home.



7 comments:

Sanderella said...

A lovely post, and thank goodness your husband was able to rescue the boys, and the lifeguard should have been reported! www.sandysanderellasmusings.blogspot.com

Lynn Proctor said...

sounds like a great catch!

Silvia Writes said...

What a wonderful man, a hero indeed. You write beautifully about your relationship. I was very moved by your little story.
Excellent choice for letter H.
Best,
Silvia @ Silvia Writes

Buttercup said...

Lovely post. So glad I've found your blog. You're my featured blogger on my "H" post.

Krista McLaughlin said...

He sounds like a great man and I'm glad you have him. Also, I'm glad he's a good swimmer. :)

Sharon Himsl said...

He's a real gem! I'm so glad he was there to save your sons. What a scary scene that must have been.

Anonymous said...

Aw- that is so sweet that your husband is your hero!