Thursday, January 16, 2014

January Blah, Blah, Blah





Man, did I stay away. The end of 2013 was an extremely busy time for me.

Learning to manage time is crucial when you have such a busy lifestyle. Each day I pack so many activities into my life from exercising, to reading scriptures daily, cooking, cleaning, animals, husband when he's home, and the list goes on. I have children that live all over the country and have to spend some phone time talking with them.

On a monthly basis I teach a class on the 4th Sunday which requires advance prep time, and I visit teach 3 different sisters, and help my husband now with his home teaching.

After a leave of absence, I will be finishing my class on writing which requires homework.

Amidst all that craziness, which I am sure matches most of your lives, I write, and had been maintaining a blog, website, facebook, twitter, goodreads and other fun activities.

Prioritizing is important, as well as learning how to get the most out of your day without wasting time. How much time to spend on any one thing is important. Time is not something that can be recalled and I believe we need to spend it wisely.

So, my New Years resolution is to manage my time more wisely, and Write, Write, Write!

Whether it is a journal or a novel or short story, I want to write. I love to write, and I love learning all there is about writing. I feel I can't absorb enough information on this subject. Writing, editing, critiquing, submitting, and publishing, all involves knowledge and lots of hard work.

I've rolled back my sleeves and I'm moving forward. This is a New Year and the chance for new ideas and the resolve to make it happen.

Happy New Year my fellow writers and friends. May you all exceed your expectations this year.

Kathy S. Collier-Mehl

No comments: