Wednesday, May 30, 2012

I HATE MOVING

Okay, so I'm packing, moving, cleaning, organizing, writing, blogging, studying, and writing some more.  What else is new?  Superwoman to the rescue, that's me.  I'll need a vacation after the move is over.

Wish I could teleport.  I need to be in Houston, Saturday, but not likely to happen.  Moving takes precedence.  Even though the actual move doesn't happen until the 23rd of June, the process to get there is exhausting.  For everything I do, I feel so accomplished, then I look around and see more.  It's never ending! 

The packing and organizing has come a long way.  Held a yard sale last Saturday which was rather successful. Had Helping Hands pick up the remainder.  Cleaned the garage and packed it with the help of my daughter, Allyson (a new and upcoming writer/author).  I cleaned the pool, weeded more around the pool; still have a small section to go.  Packed the kitchen aside from a few things we still need for the next three weeks.  Moved all packed boxes to garage, and organized the folded boxes by size and placed on top of hot tub in Florida room.  I wrapped in plastic all the picture frames (all shapes and sizes) for the move.  This protects the frames from scratches and should a glass break, it would be contained inside the wrap.  Then we cleaned the entire downstairs, dusting, vacuuming, and scrubbing bathrooms.  Along with all of this, cooking and keeping up with dishes has been part of the task.

So you see, I am exhausted.  But when the men come to move, it will not be such a job, because everything will be downstairs and people won't be tracking the stairs and the process will all move more smoothly (Hah).  Even with all of this accomplished, I look around and still have so much to do.

At night to unwind, I write, study, and blog.   I only sleep about 4 to 6 hours a day.

I do think I have given myself a hernia.  I'm in a lot of pain on my right side.  I've never had one, but if I did, I think this would be it.  Guess that means a trip to the doctors after all of this is over.

Now you see why I HATE MOVING.  My next move will be into storage for the dead, and I won't have to do it. Yay!

Even with all the venting, I wouldn't have it any other way.  "Enjoy the moment, for this moment is your life" is a phrase I have on a plate.  So I guess I am enjoying myself. NOT!


2 comments:

Barbara L said...

Ha, that is the way I move. And then when I get to the new place I like to get unpacked as soon as possible. Hope the move goes well. Know you will be glad when you can finally not be in moving mode.

Unknown said...

Thanks Barbara. You're right. I want to get settled as soon as possible. I'm almost finished packing. Just another day's hard work and the rest is just cleaning and enjoying the next 3 weeks. I'm glad to be a step ahead.