Monday, June 4, 2012

UPDATE

Okay! It's Monday and I am still packing.  Yesterday, I received a call from a friend.  She called to let me know her two daughters just finished my book and they loved it.  She said they were making their brother read it.  They raved so much and wanted to know when the next one would be out and is this one going to make a movie?

That call really made my day.

I'll explain why.  First, I didn't know they were even reading it.  Secondly, the sales with Kindle have dropped and I had been going through the emotions many of us experience when we are writing or when we have a book out there, a moment of insecurity.  I had been wondering was all of this worth it.  I had already convinced myself that YES it is worth it before the call even came.  I have had others contact me via email and facebook to let me know how much they loved my book.  I am grateful, humbled, and excited to hear how much those who have read it are enjoying it. 

As authors, we know when we have a good novel, but selling our story to the public is the issue, especially if we are new to the professional, publishing industry.  We must believe in ourselves and move forward with a positive attitude.  No one said the journey would be easy, but persistence is key. 

My WIP for the second novel will be completed and ready by December, maybe sooner if I can get this move out of the way.

I LOVE TO WRITE!  

Thank you everyone!

No comments: