Tuesday, April 23, 2013

T is for Twins

Tommie and Will






Tommie and Will are fraternal twins in The Veil. Tommie is younger by ten minutes and her brother, Will, reminds her incessantly throughout their eighteen years that he is the older brother by calling her "baby sis, or little sis."



In this novel, the bond between the two is accentuated by telepathy. They only have the ability to hear each other--a secret they've maintained since their youth; not even their parents or siblings are aware.




I used telepathy to show the closeness or bond that twins share. Twins have always fascinated me, so I enjoyed creating these two characters.






 

7 comments:

Dublin Housewife said...

Book sounds very interesting Kathy.
Is it available in Ireland?
BTW thanks for popping by and commenting on my blog :)

Anonymous said...

I have a story with twins and while they don't have a telepathic bond, they do have a bond that connects them through the story.

Unknown said...

Hi Trish: You can buy it on Amazon or Barnes & Noble online.
Thanks for stopping by.

Unknown said...

That does sound like a very interesting story. Thank you so much for your AMAZING comment! I was so flattered I read it out loud to my mom! I feel like I've made a new friend. Nice to e-meet you!

Charissa said...

I think twins are intriguing too. The concept that they would share telepathy and have kept it from everyone (even parents) is very cool. Your book sounds good. I'll have to put it on my to-read list

Unknown said...

Thank you Marjorie for stopping by. Friends are always welcome on my blog. Have a great week.

Unknown said...

Hi Charissa, thanks for your comment. Hope you enjoy the book.