Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Z is for Zombies




In this article I won't bore you with all the Zombie fiction you've seen over the years like NIght of the Living Dead, or fiction novels. Yeah Right!

Often my daughter teases about the "Zombie Apocalypse." But, how close she really is to the truth of what lies ahead should our country come to a halt because of our leadership, stock market crashes, or natural disasters--all causing food shortages. We could easily find ourselves in the middle of a "Zombie Apocalypse."

It could begin with hunger lines, and then people breaking into your home in broad daylight...not to steal your television or valuables but to take your weapons and food.  Then when the food runs out, they will get hungry enough to eat you. They could gather together in gangs or groups to strengthen their power to overtake you without much of a fight. Dead or alive, either way, you become their meal.

Before you know it, we are in a full blown "Zombie Apocalypse." The thought is horrifying, but possible.

I have to tell you I normally don't like Zombie movies or books, but I've read a recent Zombie series that I really enjoyed, the Hollowland Series by Amanda Hocking.

I also enjoyed the recent movie, Warm Bodies. It was grossly cute. (how about that oxymoron?)
                                      

Check Wikipedia out to read about Zombies from Haiti. They discuss animals.

Well whatever Zombie you envision, Zombie has many meanings. One is the bringing back of a dead body by using voodoo. Whatever the meaning it usually involves the undead or the devouring of human flesh.

If you like Zombie anything, then you would probably enjoy The Walking Dead series on AMC.


Whatever you choose, Zombies are pretty disgusting. Enjoy!

So 'Z' brings to end another year for the A to Z Challenge. I had fun and loved meeting new people. Have a great year.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on reaching the end of the challenge.

A few weeks ago at the day job, my coworkers and I discussed the zombie apocalypse. I declared I was going to join the zombie hordes because it would be the less stressful options. All I'd have to worry about is brains. LOL!

Sharon Himsl said...

Zombies in movies have always freaked me out. Congrats on finishing the a-z!!

Unknown said...

Patricia you are so funny! But yes, brains would be an option, right? Yay for Z. The End.

Unknown said...

Hi Sharon: Thanks, I know, huh, Zombies are really disgusting and the apocalypse is an even scarier thought. Congratulations to you too.

Fairview said...

Haven't gotten into the zombies yet, but I do like Amanda Hocking so I will give it a try! Congratulations on finishing A to Z!

Anonymous said...

I really like the background of your page! It is calm and peaceful. Congrats on finishing the challenge.

Denise at Organization and Inspiration for Fellow Writers
Denise Reashore on Facebook

Anonymous said...

Hello colleagues, its great post on the topic of cultureand entirely defined,
keep it up all the time.

Review my web site; Patsy Goss

Unknown said...

Wow. Thanks everyone for your comments. I'd like to thank you for the comments. Of course Patsy joked about the culture of it. Know I can't stand Zombies but that is what I came up with for Z. It was fun.